Coping with cancer. Healthy body, mind and soul.
OhioHealth Social Services works to provide people with cancer and their families the resources they need, including discharge planning and extended care placement.
From strategies for coping with diagnoses, to counseling on what questions should be asked during appointments with doctors and nurses, OhioHealth Social Services is here for you.
We help patients and families:
- Cope with the cancer diagnoses and the emotions that come with it;
- Consider decisions about treatment options and how they best fit into your life, work and family;
- Explain diagnoses to children, family, friends and co-workers;
- Understand the long-term challenges and issues that come from living with cancer;
- Understand insurance coverage, disability benefits and Social Security benefits;
- Help find affordable medical care;
- Assist with transportation to and from medical care.
OhioHealth Social Services also offers patient and family counseling, referrals to support groups, individual counseling and educational programs, as well as referrals to providers of medical equipment, home care, hospice care and community services.
For more information on OhioHealth Social Services, contact any one of our family of hospitals:
Riverside Methodist Hospital 1-614-566-5397
Grant Medical Center 1-614-566-9265
Doctors Hospital 1-614-544-1023
Grady Memorial Hospital 1-740-615-2589
Dublin Methodist Hospital 1-614-544-8200